ELITE SEMINAR SERIES
Session #1 ~ The Decision ~
Insanity ~ doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Get a glimpse inside the ELITE minds that created the Elite Performance Academy. This complimentary evening covers the first topic in a unique seminar series designed share their philosophies. It provides you with access to specific principles and strategies to get the results you are looking for from your training and your life. These decorated Coaches have applied these successful techniques in their own lives, as they continue to climb the hills of achievement, and with their athletes and clients as they make the decision to improve their lives.
When: Thursday, January 31, 2013 ~ 7:30 pm
Where: Elite Performance Academy, 93 Hines Road, Kanata ON
What: The Decision – An in depth look at creating an Elite Lifestyle
To Register: Space is limited, RSVP to email@example.com
Coach Donnie Ruiz has survived the jungle of trials and triumphs. He is known for his warrior mentality and physical abilities as a professional athlete. His experience allowed him to create his training philosophy, “A Strong Body is A Strong Mind, Be Undeniable”. This is the mindset he applies to every aspect of his life. He uses his years of successful preparation and competition to inspire others and has become an accomplished Performance Coach and Mentor. He will share his proven techniques to mentally prime you for achievement and to persevere through your challenges.
Coach Pat Woodcock is a Canadian Football League Grey Cup Champion and Grey Cup Most Valuable Canadian. His drive and commitment to his vision led to an outstanding high school and University football career, and his unconquerable competitive spirit and faith in his abilities allowed him to reach the pinnacle of his sport as a professional athlete. In constant pursuit of excellence, he now uses these elements as a successful Performance Coach and respected Speaker, inspiring his athletes to D.E.F.I. the odds and achieve an Elite status of their own.
Stay tuned for the next Elite Seminar Series topics:
- #2 Your Vision Requires Effort* goal setting and vision – creation to implementation
- #3 Elite Grub* impact of nutrition on daily life and your ability to accomplish what you want
- #4 Effective Training & Progression* programming based on individual needs
- #5 Elite Reflection* confidence where it comes from, living what you say and truly want
- #6 Time to Perform* aligning all the pieces and putting it into action
Change your mindset. Change your life.
Train Elite. Be Elite.
Shannon Chinn – BScHK, Personal Training Specialist
Joining the Elite Performance Academy team, Shannon brings almost ten years of professional sports expertise, along with experience in personal training and massage therapy. Most recently she worked with the National Hockey League and a large retailer on a National sponsorship activation. Before that, she spent several years working in the Canadian Football League as a Director of Game Day Operations, Corporate Sales, Marketing, Community Relations and Events. She was fortunate to be part of the 2007 Grey Cup Championship Saskatchewan Roughriders and was inducted into the Riders Plaza of Honour with that team in 2010.
While obtaining her Bachelor of Science in Human Kinetics (Honours) at the University of Ottawa, she did her fieldwork at Acceleration Ottawa and after graduation worked at Acceleration Regina where she trained athletes from the NHL, CFL, NCAA and CIS. She was a member of the Gee-Gees Women’s Basketball Team, she played on the Saskatchewan Provincial basketball team for five years and was a Silver Medalist in the 1993 Jeux Canada Games.
While training clients, she draws upon not only her education but also her experience training as an elite athlete, as well as training for optimal everyday health and wellness. She continues to be involved in the sports community and is expanding her knowledge in training.
- 2013 Women’s World Hockey Championships – Volunteer Committee
- Can-Fit Pro – Personal Training Specialist (2012)
- Member of the Basketball Saskatchewan Board of Directors (2009)
- Executive Committee member – CIS Women’s Basketball Championships (2009)
- Coach – Regina City Basketball Association (2006-2010)
- Saskatchewan Roughriders Plaza of Honour Committee (2006-2009)
- Support staff for the Ottawa Bid Committee for the Commonwealth Games (2005)
- Post Graduate Sports Business Management Diploma (2003)
- Foothills College of Massage Therapy – 1000 hour program (1999)
- SPRA – Certified Fitness Leader (1997)
- Bachelor of Science in Human Kinetics, Honours (1997)
- Sports Information Director – University of Ottawa Basketball (1997)
- Member of the University of Ottawa Women’s varsity basketball team (1993-1996)
- Jeux du Canada Games, basketball Silver Medalist (1993)
Dr. Eric Nielsen
Eric holds a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC), a world renowned leader in evidence- based chiropractic education. Prior to enrolling at CMCC he obtained a Bachelor of Kinesiology with a concentration in sports therapy at Acadia University.
At Acadia University he was member of both the Football and Track and Field team, where he excelled in football and was a 3 time First Team All Canadian. His years of experience in the sports world have greatly influenced his treatment style. He focuses on sports injuries and sport enhancement using a variety of techniques including: Active Release Technique (ART), Medical Acupuncture, Graston Technique, joint manipulations, and rehabilitation exercises.