PAT WOODCOCK, BSc, CSCS, PICP
Coach Woodcock is:
- Co-Owner, and Director of Athlete Development for Elite Performance Academy.
- Co-Director of Football Operations for Elite Football Academy.
- Director of Football Operations for True North Wellness Management Group.
- Featured Strength Coach on the Sports Streaming Network (SSN).
- Featured Fitness Expert on National Health & Fitness Segment with CTV Ottawa.
- Highly-regarded Public Speaker, with Featured Speaking Appearances including the CBC Hockey Nation Coaches Symposium, Football Canada/RISE Athlete’s Athletes Submitting Knowledge Workshop, and many more.
After a long career as a professional athlete, Pat turned his focus to helping the next generation of elite athletes reach their highest levels of competitive success. He has had great success empowering athletes from Professional, University, High School, and Junior levels to reach their ultimate potential, both on the field and off.
Coach Woodcock holds multiple professional certifications, including:
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist – CSCS
- Certified Level 2 Provincial Strength Coach – PICP
- BioSignature Modulation Practitioner
- Upper and Lower Extremity Structural Balance Assessment
- PIMST Instant Muscle Strengthening Practitioner
- Fascial Stretch Therapy Essentials
- Speed and Agility Specialist – IYCA
- NCCP Level 1 Trained Sprints and Jumps Coach
- NCCP Level 1 Trained Olympic Lifting Coach
Before starting Elite Performance Academy, Pat had an 8-year career as a professional football player. He played Wide Receiver in the NFL for the New York Giants and Washington Redskins, and in the CFL for the Montreal Alouettes, Ottawa Renegades, Edmonton Eskimos and Hamilton Ti-Cats.
- Tom Pate Award Nominee
- Led CFL in Average Yards per Reception (23.9)
- East Division All-Star
- Grey Cup Champion
- Grey Cup Most Outstanding Canadian
- Grey Cup Record – Holder – Longest Touchdown Reception (99 yds)
In university, Pat was a 3-year letter winner and Team Captain for Syracuse University. During his time there, Pat
- 3-Time Big East Conference Champion
- Played in 4 Bowl Games, including 2 BCS Bowl Games (Liberty Bowl, Music City Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl)
- 14th player in Syracuse history with over 1,000 yards receiving
- Finished 8th in Syracuse history in Average Yards per Reception (16.9)
- Finished 9th in Syracuse history in Consecutive Games with 1 Reception (16)
- 3rd player in Syracuse history to receive Big East All-Academic Honors four times
- Academic All-American Nominee
A native of Ottawa, Pat grew up in Kanata and attended Holy Trinity High School, where he played basketball and ran track, and was provincially ranked in the 100m and Long Jump. He played football locally for the Kanata Knights, Myers Riders and Ottawa Sooners, and played soccer for the Kanata Falcons and Eastern Ontario U14.
All of these elements provide Pat with a unique set of tools to help athletes achieve their maximum potential, both on the playing field and off.Contact Pat