As young football players from across Canada make their way to London, Ontario for the 2012 Football Canada Cup Championship tournament, several of our Elite athletes are poised to lead Team Ontario East into battle.
Of the 7 players selected out of the Ottawa area, 5 of them are products of the Elite Performance Academy program. While OL Thomas Rowlands and DB Nathaniel Hamlin are relatively new, having recently joined our Elite Football Academy on-field program, OL Lake Johnston, FB Stefano Napolitano, and OL Tyler Young have been a part of the Elite Athlete Development program for over 2 seasons, and their success is a testament to their hard work. All 3 have truly begun to see the results of their efforts, in addition to their achievements during their NCAFA and OVFL seasons. Several universities both in Canada and the US have taken notice:
- At the Elite Football Academy Camp here in Ottawa in June, Lake was named the winner of the Top OL Award.
- Two weeks ago at the Syracuse University Camp, Lake repeated his effort as winner of the Top OL Award, and was joined by Stefano, who nabbed the Top RB Award.
- Both Stefano and Tyler have been named as Team Captains for the Team Ontario East squad at 2012 Football Canada Cup
- Elite Football Academy's co-Director and OL Coach Rob Hamm was selected to join the Team Ontario East coaching staff.
- QB Michael Arruda of Team Quebec trained in the Elite Football Academy on-field program this past winter.
You can follow all the Football Canada Cup live game action here at SSN Canada.